Corona virus update
Corona Virus Advice
If you have a prepayment meter, and top-up using a key or card, there are steps you can take take in case you feel unwell or need to self isolate.
To make sure your energy supply isn’t affected:
- Consider topping up more on your meter than you normally would, and top up in advance, you can always build up a credit on the meter.
- If you need help topping up then a friend or family member can top up your key or card on your behalf.
- If your meter is outside then leave your meter box unlocked, if it’s safe, so someone else can top it up for you.
- If you’re not able to top up during a period of self isolation, we’ll work to keep your supply on. In some cases, we’ll be able to arrange for you top-up remotely and post your top-up on a preloaded key or card. Get in touch with us to discuss how we can support you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on
0113 457 3219.
Where can I top up?
The shops that you would normally visit to top up at are allowed to remain open. This includes:
- Supermarkets / convenience stores
- Corner shops and newsagents
- post offices
- Petrol stations
New Gascard / Electric Keys
If you’ve recently signed up to Omni then don’t worry. We’ve been advised that Royal Mail are still operating a normal mail service and your Gascards and Keys are being sent out 1st Class.
Following the governments announcement all meter work is restricted to meter faults and off supply.